Friday 7 January 2011

writers block?

Wow.
Now that I have started my first blog, I am suddenly lost for words.  Sitting here at my desk, fingers poised on the keyboard ready for action, and .... All that is going through my head is the fact that my index fingers are in the correct spot on the raised strips found on the F and J keys.  That is if you have a QWERTY keyboard.  Not sure what keys you have to position your fingers over on any other type of keyboard?

I think I may have writers block.  I haven't even started and I am blocked.  This is not good.  I wonder what the symptoms are and if there is a remedy?  Let me Google it.

"Writer's block is a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers. It can manifest as the affected writer viewing their work as inferior or unsuitable, when in fact it could be the opposite."

Well that solves it.  I do not have writers block as I do not write for a profession.  Having only recently started writing for pleasure, this is a great relief to me.  I can just relax and enjoy and hopefully others will enjoy as I flounder my way through this whole new experience of writing and blogging.

Over the next couple days, weeks, months, years I will be attempting to release my inner creativity that has been building up inside.  My friends have all informed me that I have an extremely overactive imagination and half the drama's I imagine could never possibly transpire.

So with the writers block booted into oblivion.  I will be posting a few teasers on what I have been working on and any comments, suggestions would be welcomed with open arms.  Except of course if they are bad, then keep them to yourselves.  No, seriously now - any comments will be welcomed.

Now do I save this and will it appear on my blog?  Hmmm let's give it a bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment